Friday 7 August 2015

MyStyleStamps Cool Sweet Treats Card

Goodmorning crafty friends!
I have an exciting card to share with you today using one of the new August release stamps from My Style Stamps. I received my design team package this week and wait until you see all of the cuteness. I am loving all of their new releases. Today I am sharing with you my design team project using this super cute popsicle and cool treats set.
For this card I wanted to try a new technique using a monochromatic background and a fun pop of colour. For my card base I used The Recollections 80lb card stock and Memento Tuexedo Black ink. To start with a stamped out the images positioning them on and off the paper. I didn't have to do any masking for this card, I just arranged the images around each other. I also added in the cute large and small heart which are included in this set. I stamped out an extra Popsicle on a seperate piece of paper and cut it out on the black line. To colour the blue Popsicle I used the Copic colours BG13, BG11, BG10 for the blue portion and for the Popsicle stick I used E55 and E53. I also tied a piece of Doodlebug twine around the stick in the Swimming Pool blue colour. For the monochromatic grey background I used the Copic colours C4,C2,C0 and my colourless blender to shade the Popsicle and cool treats. This was definitely a different type of card for me and got me out of my comfort zone, but I am so happy that I tried it and I love the end result. This set is not yet available for purchase, but it will be released this month from MyStyleStamps. Here is the link if you would like to check out their website. Www.mystylestamps.com Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment